EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK (1 DAY)
Emergency first aid at work
The essentials covered, all in one day
This 1-day Emergency First Aid at Work Course provides essential first aid knowledge that can make a real difference. The course includes defibrillator (AED) training as required by the HSE. This course is suitable for low risk workplaces, like small offices. It enables the individual to gain the skills and knowledge they’ll need to be a competent first-aider. It also enables organisations to meet their legal duty to provide first aid in the event of an emergency in the workplace.
The Emergency First Aid at Work course enables individuals to:
- Understand the role and responsibility of a first-aider
- Assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally including AED
- Use of an AED
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury
Assessment and certification
Training is completed in line with Good Skills standards, accredited by the First Aid Industry Body. Individuals taking part in the course are assessed through a mixture of practical assessment and multiple-choice examination. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion. This qualification lasts for 3 years. After 3 years your nominated first-aiders must retake the Emergency First Aid at Work Course to keep their qualification valid.